ON LINE REGUSTRATION IS CLOSED. BUT YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE BY REGISTERING ON SUNDAY AT THE RUN. GO TO OUR WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD THE RUNNER'S PACKET FOR DETAILS.
SEE YOU SUNDAY
Date: Sunday, September 13, 2015
Location: Century Park, Vernon Hills, IL. 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Distance: 5K Run/Walk and 1 mile Family Walk
8:00 a.m. Walk-up Registration begins
9:00 a.m. 5K starts
10:00 a.m 1 mile Family walk starts
Ryan’s Run is a family-friendly event with activities for kids. While the participants will enjoy a scenic 5K run/walk around Big and Little Bear Lakes in Vernon Hill’s Century Park, families will also be able to participate in various activities including:
- Kiddie sprint for young children
- Inflatable Bounce House
- Balloon entertainer Marc Machtinger
- Face painting
- Many more games and activities.
The race announcement and activities will be hosted by Personalities Inc. and the warm-up will be provided by The Sweatshop trainers.
Ryan’s Run by the numbers
- 2011, the inaugural year, over 600 people attended the event. The money raised went directly to pay for tuitions for the teachers of the Goddard School in Vernon Hills, the school that Ryan attended.
- 2012, over 500 people attended the event. The money raised went to the Audiology department of the Non-profit school “Child Voice”.
- 2013 and 2014, the run had over 650 participants each year. The money raised is part of a multi-year commitment to Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital. As part of the new hospital, scheduled to open in 2017, we are dedicating a children’s activity area in Ryan’s memory and spirit. This area will serve as a place of enjoyment, inspiration and healing for young patients.
Check Ryan’s Work’s page for details on our website: www.RyanBriereFoundation.org
This year will be the third year where a portion of the proceeds for Ryan's Run will continue to support our multi-year commitment to Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital. The therapeutic playroom in memory of Ryan is ont its way to be fully funded.
Online registration for this event is currently closed